taylor clan

Welcome to our awesome Family Blog!

Monday, September 12, 2011

So on saturday I was lucky enough to be able to go see Aaron (and Casen) participate in a 5k run set up in memory of a girl Aaron used to work with who was killed in a car crash about a year ago. Casen rode in the stroller so I guess you could say he completed his first 5k at 15 months! What an athletic child we have on our hands! Here is his excitement before the race

Here are some pics of the guys warming up for the runAnd then at the last second I decided to join them and as an added bonus I lived through it! I've never liked running or even jogging for that matter and all my experiences with it have been horrible but this has inspired me to think that maybe, perhaps, sometime in the future I could run a 5k. We mostly speed walked this one, but we did run a few times and I was able to get to a point in my running where I thought, wow, if running felt like this all the time I could see how people would want to do it. So it was a good experience. And then at the end they handed out free frozen yogurt from tcby. Yeah, weird that they handed out yogurt after a run....but I definitely wasn't complaining. So here's our first ever finished family 5k picture!!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I don't enjoy running either. You have inspired me to think that maybe one day I will run a 5k again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Casen "stretching" That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of your little family :)Maybe we can train together and do a 5k in the future.

    ReplyDelete